Saturday 27 June 2015

Tour De France Stage 1 Utrecht (prologue)

I was pleased to see that my bike had arrived safely in Utrecht, it was good to have it back! Firstly let me introduce you to my new home for the next 3 weeks or so....yes, it is as uncomfortable as it looks!

Me and me ol' mucker Simon looking all keen before we started, in our shiny new TdF gear


Stage 1 of the TdF for the Pro's will be a 14km Time Trial around the city of Utrecht - but for us, it was a slow ride around the open roads/cycle paths. Fortunately, I had my very own tour guide on hand, as Daniel from our team at RBS in The Netherlands came along to wave us off, and I persuaded him to ride the route with us.
Utrecht seemed a nice place, here are the obligatory pictures of everything Dutch

After 14kms of pedalling, its important to replenish lost fluids - i'll let you decide which one is the recovery drink?!
(its the one on the left!!)
 
Tonight we have managed to blag some tickets to watch Kasabian do their stuff, then its up for 6:30am brekkie and a 100+miler in the morning...what could possibly go wrong? 

No comments:

Post a Comment