Saturday 20 June 2015

1 week and counting....

Ok, so its starting to get serious now!

Only 1 week to go before I start pedalling in Utrecht, then c2100miles and 3 weeks later I arrive in Paris. I've now completed over 2700 miles in training, and nearly 1000miles (or Lands End to John O'Groats) in the last month.

Bike cleaned - check
Bike serviced - check (Thanks to Veloworx)
Tour de Force kit checked for waterproofing - check (gotta love the English summer)
New smaller sized North Bucks Road Club kit collected - check (Thanks NBRC, I will wear the colours with pride!).
Bike cleaned yet again due to the crap weather - check

Weather forecast said showers?!

6hrs and 123miles later, I think its safe to say the colours of the TdF kit don't run!
 
Finally, some thankyou's...
 
A massive thank you to all of my sponsors - I have now raised over £2500 towards the William Wates Memorial Trust, all of the money raised goes towards under-privileged kids
Tesco's - for donating a shopping voucher
MK Dons - for donating a family ticket (2 adults, 2 kids) for any Championship game next season (to be auctioned)
North Bucks Road Club - for donating a shiny new set of cycling kit for me to wear during the event
And finally to Tish, for putting up with me over the last 6 months whilst I've been out training at any spare moment - thanks Babe xx
 
Daily blog updates will be provided during the event, feel free to leave comments/feedback and I'll try to respond when I've got internet access

No comments:

Post a Comment