Thursday 2 July 2015

TdF Stage 6 Abbeville to Le Havre

Health warning: Boring blog Alert!
(yeah yeah, I know, tell me something new Andy)
 
Todays stage was a similar distance to yesterday at c191kms (118miles), but yesterday we had 40c heat, so everyone was hoping for a cooler day - we had been warned that thunderstorms were around and we might get wet...they weren't wrong!! Hence the boring blog, cos my camera stayed tucked away in my back pocket safe and dry, whilst I got soaked.
 

 
To try and show you the progress we are making, we started 6 days ago, and have now ridden over 600miles (and that includes a short Prologue stage|) and are now on the Brittany coastline in Le  Havre
 
One thing I have started to notice now that its getting nearer to the proper TdF starting, the locals seem to be making an extra special effort to make their town or village pretty for the TV camera's. Everyone is putting colourful bikes by the side of the road, and all the hedgerows are being trimmed back to make everything look all neat n tidy.
 
 Theres also been a noticeable increase in the amount of "Tour Tarmac" which is basically where they go round and either fill in all the potholes, or resurface the road, so its nice and smooth for the event...trust me, after 6 days sitting in the saddle, its a right bonus, and my ar$e is grateful for that!
 
 
The only piccy of the day I'm afraid, the view of the coastline just outside of Dieppe, the cliffs don't scrub up quite as well as Dovers' do they?





1 comment:

  1. What happened on Friday 3rd July? Anxious club-mates want to know!

    ReplyDelete